Download the second quarter 19-Minute Bible Study
A GOD-LIVED LIFE STEWARDSHIP CHALLENGE
Stewardship is about more than money. It’s our whole lives. Jesus lived his life and gave his life for us. Our loving response is to imitate that.
For the next twelve months, God’s Word will be challenging us, and we’ll be challenging one another to live a God-lived life. And that encompasses everything. We will be talking about a life of being a disciple, a life lived for others, a life of hospitality, and a life lived shrewdly.
Each quarter, we will be introduced to a challenge that we then prayerfully commit to carrying out the rest of the quarter. How will we commit to the challenges? As individual members, we are going to fill out a different challenge card each quarter. This will help to involve our entire family of faith in the challenges and help us encourage each other in the challenges. May God bless us as we grow in his Word and in our lives of living it!
Our first God-Lived Life launch Sunday is January 30, 2022: A life of being a disciple.
Second quarter starts Sunday, April 24, 2022: A life lived for others
See below for the resources for our Second Quarter challenge.
A GOD-LIVED LIFE: A life of being a disciple
This quarter, the particular focus of the God-lived life is that of being a disciple, a learner, one who grows in God’s Word. May God’s Word cause us to crave that pure spiritual milk so that by it we grow up in our salvation.
Our challenge card this quarter will focus on growing and learning in God’s Word. What’s your biggest motivation for spending time in God’s Word? What’s your biggest obstacle to spending time in God’s Word? What can help you overcome that obstacle? How can you build Bible study and prayer time into your regular routine?
Your challenge this quarter can be shared by the entire household or print a card for each member of your family. Select one of the options given or write in your own challenge (there’s ideas from the list below). If you need materials or direction starting one of these challenges, please reach out to Pastor Horn email@example.com 765.414.5227
May God bless the coming weeks as we commit to living a God-lived life of discipleship!
Download the first quarter 19-Minute Bible Study
Challenge card ideas:
- Attend four Bible studies in the next four weeks (in person or via Zoom)
- Set aside time to pray daily (morning/night)
- Do daily Bible reading (at least 5 minutes per day)
- Do a nightly devotion with spouse (4x per week) https://wels.net/dev-daily/
- Read a family devotion at dinner (3x per week) https://wels.net/family-devotion/
- Pray before meals and at bedtime
- Start a prayer journal
- Complete Bible Basics Class series https://lambofgodlafayette.com/ministry/bible-basics/
- Memorize one Bible passage each week
- Start a Bible reading plan (https://wels.net/serving-you/bible/)
- Subscribe to a WELS devotion e-mail for individuals, families, couples, or teens
- Use the WELS Marriage Moments weekly devotions for couples
- Take child(ren) to Sunday school each Sunday this month
- Attend Sunday school each Sunday this month
- Set aside 15 minutes each week to talk about the sermon/Sunday school topic with family/friends
Download the first quarter challenge cards
A GOD-LIVED LIFE: A life lived for others
This quarter, the particular focus of the God-lived life is a life lived for others, a life of generosity. God allows us the opportunity to serve and love one another, especially those who are part of our communities.
Our challenge card this quarter will focus on being a good neighbor. What makes someone a good neighbor? How can you show God’s love to others by being a good neighbor? How can our church be a good neighbor to our community? How can we be present for others?
Your challenge this quarter can be shared by the entire household or print a card for each member of your family. Select one of the options given or write in your own challenge (there’s ideas from the list below). If you need materials or direction starting one of these challenges, please reach out to Pastor Horn firstname.lastname@example.org
May God bless the coming weeks as we commit to living a God-lived life for others!
Challenge card ideas:
- Participate in a congregation outreach effort (blood drive; Music and Art Camp;
Mornings with Mommy; Jesus Cares – worship for people with special needs;
canvassing; campus ministry etc.)
- Volunteer at a local non-profit once a month this quarter
- Volunteer to work with Pastor to identify non-profits our congregation might partner with each quarter
- Participate in the WELS “Let’s Go” outreach Bible study (https://
- Organize a meal train for a family in the neighborhood that is struggling or who just had a baby
- Send a monetary gift or gift cards to a struggling individual or family
- Send an encouraging card, e-mail, or text to a struggling individual or family
- Make cookies for a neighbor and deliver them in person
- Volunteer to read a devotion to a homebound member
- Sign up to give someone a ride to church once per month
- Sign up for a volunteer activity at church (yard work, remodeling projects,
livestream, ushering, etc.)
- Help teach Sunday school once per month
- Talk to a friend about Jesus (or co-worker, family member, neighbor, acquaintance)
- Offer to pray for a hurting neighbor or co-worker
- Pray for a missionary, his family, and the people they minister to with the gospel https://wels.net/serving-others/missions/
Download the second quarter challenge cards